Sunday, June 30, 2013

Day 22 Monday May 26: Oakhurst CA

On this Memorial Day, we decided not to fight the holiday weekend crowds at Yosemite and enjoyed a day of R&R, much needed for Thomas after yesterday’s  mileage and I logged a few more days on the blog.




I did take a nice nature walk on a path with my camera from the campground along the Fresno River:










There were lots of pretty flowers, too:




 



 


 




 



I thought of a dear, departed friend Marge Larrison when I saw the cedar trees. She had a friend in California who would ship these evergreen branches at Christmas time.



Also saw two neat birds I had never seen, earning them a tie for the Bird of the Day Award:

Acorn Woodpecker
 
 


Western Scrub Jay  





We completed this relaxing day with a bodacious cooked on the grill meal:


No comments:

Post a Comment