Friday, May 24, 2013

Day 6 Saturday May 11: Ghost Ranch NM
 O’Keefe Horseback Ride

This is the day that I had really been looking for. Not only was I going to visit the place where Georgia O’Keefe lived and painted, I was also going to ride horseback while doing so! The early morning was crisp and cool when I left Santa Fe for the 90 minute drive to Ghost Ranch, a working ranch as well as a retreat and conference center now operated by the Presbyterian Church. When researching this facility, I was intrigued by the variety of programs they offer including art classes, yoga and personal development. One topic in particular caught my attention: “From Darkness into Light: Exploring Your Shadow”. Check out their latest offering at http://ghostranch.org.

Wrangler Allison Dunn and I set off from the corral for our 2 hour ride on delightful Norweigian Fjord horses, very sure footed and great for photography.


Elizabeth and Tigger

We saw an incredible range of scenery, especially the Lavender Hills, Red Hills and Perdernal Mountain that O’Keefe used in many of her works:







No comments:

Post a Comment